Commercial Cannabis Activity Permit

The Commercial Cannabis Activity Permit (CCAP) requires coordination, compliance review, and approvals from six different City departments. The permitting process is managed by a CCAP Permit and Code Technician, supported by other staff. City cannabis activity regulations were revised within the Cannabis Innovation Zone with Resolution 178-23 on 11-15-17. 

On December 20, 2017 the City Council approved Non-Medicinal (Adult) Use in addition to the existing Medicinal Use.  The Medical Cannabis Innovation Zone was also renamed the Cannabis Innovation Zone (CIZ).  

Land Use Code changes are in process to describe and codify what is allowed under Non-Medical (Adult) Use.

CCAP Application

Complete CCAP Information and Application (This is a PDF portfolio and requires Adobe Reader and Flash extensions)Depositphotos_30491819_s-2015

CCAP Information Only 

Link to individual components of CCAP Application (Use this if you are unable to download the complete application)

Applications are accepted at the front counter for the Building Division and Planning Division

Please call the City's CCAP specialist, Edie Rosen, at 707-825-2137 for answers about obtaining a permit or status updates on existing applications. She is generally available Monday through Friday, from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
If you have zoning questions, please call the Planning Division at 707-822-5955. If you have building questions, please call the Building Division at 707-822-5956. You are also welcome to make an appointment to discuss your project directly.

Contact Us

  1. Commercial Cannabis Activity Permits

    Edie Rosen, Permit & Code Technician
    Contact the Department

    Arcata City Hall
    736 F Street
    Arcata, CA 95521

    Phone: 707-825-2137
    Fax: 707-825-2029


    (Excluding Holidays)
    Monday - Friday
    10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

    Staff Directory

Helpful Information for CCAP Applicants

Cultivation and Manufacturing: Fire Department Requirements and Regulations

Provisional CCAP

The City is accepting applications for Provisional CCAPs.  The purpose is to assist business owners in applying for State licensing.  This is a  non-operational permit.  A business must complete the full CCAP application process to operate.

Provisional CCAP Checklist

Provisional CCAP and Non-Medicinal Use Info 12-19-17

Notice of 12-06-17 City Council Public Hearing for proposed Land Use Code text amendments regarding non-medical cannabis.