In collaboration with state and federal recommendations that support efforts to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19, Arcata City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Essential City staff continues to provide customer service, and City meetings will take place via teleconference.
Detailed information on how to obtain City services is below.
City Department Contacts & Procedures
Building & Engineering
- To help avoid the spread of COVID-19 at construction job sites, the City of Arcata requires that all active construction job sites within the City follow new safety protocols until further notice. Please click here to learn more.
- Permit applications and other questions pertaining to building permits and inspections can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling (707) 822-5956 or (707) 825-2128.
- Questions about encroachment permits, parking permits, sewer lateral certificates and other general information can be sent to the Building & Engineering Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (707) 825-2128.
- For Streetlights and Water & Sewer inquiries, please email email@example.com or call (707) 825-2175.
Business License, Transient Occupancy Tax, or Dog License Inquiries
- Apply for a Business License here.
- Transient Occupancy Tax and Dog License forms may be obtained here and submitted with payment via mail or drop boxes located in the City Hall parking lot off of 7th Street and next to the USPS mailbox outside City Hall on F Street.
- Please call (707) 822-5951 (dial 1, then 2, to reach a live representative) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
City Manager’s Office
- For all general inquiries, email email@example.com or call (707) 822-5953.
- Public records requests can be made by emailing the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Meetings & Events
The City has cancelled most meetings and events as a precautionary measure to slow the spread of COVID-19. Scheduled meetings will be held via teleconference, and meeting agendas can be found here.
- Members of the community will be able to watch City Council and Planning Commission meetings live online here, on our YouTube channel or on television via Access Humboldt Channel 10.
- Members of the public may provide public comment before and during the meetings by sending comments by email to email@example.com
- Emailed comments must identify the agenda item number in the subject line of the email.
- Comments will be read into the record, with a maximum allowance of three minutes (approximately 500 words) per individual comment, subject to the Mayor’s or Commission’s discretion.
- If a comment is received after the agenda item is heard, but before the close of the meeting, the comment will still be included as a part of the written record of the meeting but will not be read into the record during the meeting.
Americans with Disabilities Act Meeting Accommodations
- Any member of the public who needs accommodations should email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 822-5953. The City Clerk will use their best efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible while maintaining public safety.
Environmental Services & Recreation
- Please email email@example.com or call (707) 822-8184 to reach the Environmental Services Department.
- The Arcata Marsh Interpretive Center is closed to the public.
- Public Playgrounds, the Arcata Skate Park and all City playing courts are closed.
- Public Open Spaces, Public Trails, City Parks, the Arcata Community Forest, the Arcata Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary are currently open. Community members must wear face coverings and practice social distancing while enjoying public trails.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 822-7091 to reach the Recreation Division.
- All recreation programs have been suspended until further notice.
- For questions regarding ongoing and future recreation programs, please click here or call (707) 822- 7901.
- For facility rental information please click here or call (707) 822-7091.
Water & Sewer Billing
- The Finance Department will continue to receive water and sewer payments during this time.
- Residents have the option to pay water and sewer bills online by clicking here or by phone by calling the City’s automated bill system at (707) 827-1114. Credit cards, Debit cards and ACH/eChecks will be accepted.
- For cash or check transactions, drop boxes are located in the City Hall parking lot off of 7th Street and next to the USPS mailbox outside City Hall on F Street.
- Please call (707) 822-5951 (dial 1, then 2, to reach a live representative) or email email@example.com to make special service requests, in-person appointments or for all other City-related billing inquiries.
- Community members are encouraged to call (707) 822-2428 for non-emergency related assistance to reduce potential COVID-19 exposure to the community and first responders before visiting the Police Department office.
- Parking tickets can be paid online here or by calling (707) 822-2428.
- Preferential Parking applications can be paid for and made online here.
- Alarm permit payments may be paid over the phone by calling (707) 822-2428.
- All cash or check payments may be dropped off at the drop box located outside the Police Department Office or mailed to City of Arcata Attn: APD.
- Records Requests may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (707) 822-7936.
- Livescan fingerprinting services are available by appointment on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 9 AM and 2 PM.
- Emergency services provided by the Arcata Police Department will continue to operate 24 hours a day.
- When calling 911 for emergency assistance, please let the dispatcher know if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or if you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Arcata & Mad River Transit (AMRTS) will be operating with reduced bus service until further notice. The Orange Bus Route will be the only operating bus route available Monday through Saturday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- AMRTS must only be used for performing essential activities or services while County and State stay at home orders are in place.
- It is important for individuals to take safety precautions to help slow the spread of COVID-19, especially when traveling in public spaces. Bus passengers must comply with social distancing requirements to the greatest extent possible and wear a face covering or mask. Passengers are also encouraged to wear gloves.
- In order to maintain physical distancing requirements for bus drivers and riders, AMRTS passenger fees will be waived, and passengers must enter the bus through the back doors.
- Humboldt County bus patrons who require mobility devices are asked to contact City Cab at (707) 442-4555 to make alternative transportation arrangements two hours before their desired departure time.
- Due to heightened COVID-19 concerns, many bus lines operating outside of Arcata have been cancelled or are providing limited service on reduced schedules. Humboldt County transit riders are encouraged to visit Humboldt Transit Authority’s website at hta.org for more information.
- Email AMRTS transit inquiries to email@example.com or call (707) 822-3775.
- Amtrak Tickets can be purchased at amtrak.com or by calling 1-800-872-7245.
- Greyhound tickets can be purchased at greyhound.com or by calling 1-800-231-2222.
The City is dedicated to keeping the community safe and informed during this unprecedented time and is taking these steps for the health and safety of the public. Updated information regarding City procedures will be provided here as it becomes available.