COVID 19 Physical Distancing Protocol
Effective 3/26/2020 until further notice
Dear Bayside Park Community Garden Plot User,
In the course of just a few short weeks, COVID-19 has substantially changed the way that we as community are living. While we don’t know exactly what lies ahead, the City is following state and local public health directives as we maintain essential services. Agriculture is considered an essential service. To continue to allow use of individual garden plots everyone must follow social/physical distancing requirements to protect you and all other gardeners.
These requirements include:
• Stay home if you have communicable disease symptoms (fever 100.4° F [37.8° C],
cough, sneeze, runny nose, sore throat, muscle ache, fatigue), do not come to the
Garden until free of symptoms for at least 72 hours without the use of fever/symptom
• If you have traveled outside of the County (flying or driving) in the last 14 days prior
to the planned day to come to Garden, it will be necessary for you to self-quarantine
at home for 14 days from the date you return from travel (or initially for the time
• Stay at least 6 feet away from other gardeners and farm workers.
• Wear a face covering as required by Humboldt County Health Officer.
• Only come to the Garden on your assigned even or odd days of the month.
See map. Green plots are even dates only. Blue plots are odd dates only.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol) or sanitizing wipes
and disposable gloves to use every time you enter/exit the gate, turn on/off the water,
or use the hose/hose bib.
• Bring your own tools/gloves and do not share tools or gloves. The community shed has
been locked to limit tool sharing. If you need an item from the shed please contact the
Recreation Office. Contact information located below.
• Follow the California Department of Public Health recommendations including:
◦ Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of
your elbow, and throw used tissues in the trash and wash your hands immediately.
◦ Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you
have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
◦ If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60%
alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
◦ Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
◦ Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
Feel free to call the Recreation Office at 822-7901 if you have questions or concerns.
Or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org for a potentially faster response.
We understand how important gardening is for so many. More than ever, we are pleased to continue offering garden plots to rent.
- Approximately 4' x 25' Plots - $80 / $92 non-residents