"Arcata is a special place, and we are on the cusp of great change. With HSU becoming a Polytechnic University, Covid ending, new airline routes and new businesses on the horizon, the needs of the community and availability of resources are changing quickly. My goal is to align our economic and development needs to meet these opportunities, while still maintaining the Arcata I moved here for- progressive ideas, a welcoming community with unmitigated access to beauty and nature, one-of a kind events, and local businesses.
My experience as a 3-year member of the Economic Development Committee (1 year as chair), serving on the board of the Arcata Chamber of Commerce, core team member of Cooperation Humboldt, volunteer for Arcata Main Street, and work with Redwood Coast Energy Authority give me a unique perspective. Not only do I have knowledge of Arcata’s infrastructure and business goals, rapport with our local businesses, and insight into our housing and business needs, but also believe that we can create a new economy based on sustainability, grassroots organizations and workers cooperatives that lift all people up.
It is time for a new vision. We need all the tools in our toolbox- creative alternative transportation and energy, strategic plans for affordable housing for a rapidly expanding town and a recommitment to a cleaner, safer, more beautiful Arcata. I would be honored to be a part of this vision."
Arcata City Council Service
- Appointed: July 28, 2021
- Sworn In to Office: August 17, 2021
City & Regional Committee Membership
- City Council Representative to the Humboldt Waste Management Authority
- City Council Representative to the Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District's Water Quality Task Force
- City Council Liaison to Cooperation Humboldt and Comunidad Unida del Norte de Arcata (CUNA)
- City Council Liaison to the Arcata Chamber of Commerce
- City Council Liaison to the equity arcata Advisory Team