- Departments & Divisions
- Building & Engineering
- Engineering Division
- Local Road Safety Plan
Local Road Safety Plan
The City of Arcata and Redwood Community Action Agency are working together to improve the safety of our city’s streets by creating a Local Road Safety Plan (LRSP). An LRSP is a data-driven safety plan that will utilize input from the public, collision data, and risk factors to identify road safety concerns and develop roadway improvements. The Project Team will use education, engineering, enforcement, emergency medical services, and equity to make Arcata safer for motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and other non-motorized travelers. To achieve these goals, we need help from you to identify unique safety needs in Arcata! This is an excellent opportunity to share safety concerns and ideas to foster solutions to improve quality of life, safe routes to school, and mobility for all modes of transportation.
As part of the public outreach efforts, a survey is provided below to help the project team gauge problematic or unsafe areas within Arcata and identify potential improvements. We are also encouraging use of StreetStory, an interactive online mapping tool, to highlight areas where road safety can be improved. StreetStory is easy to use and helps public agencies understand local needs.
Click on the button below to go directly to StreetStoryYour Input is Appreciated!
¡Su aporte es apreciado!
Note: This webpage will be updated regularly. Please be sure to check back!
August - October 2022
- Online survey conducted - survey now closed
- Community outreach tabling events - Carlson Park Bike Rodeo, North Country Fair, Sustainable Transportation Fair
- Outreach to Spanish-speaking families through local parent groups
- Convenings of the Stakeholder Working Group, a group of residents and community members who are advising the project team on this project
November - December 2022
- Community Workshop at the D Street Neighborhood Center
- Creation of Arcata Local Road Safety Plan draft document based on collision data, community input, and best practices for road safety
- Final convening of the Stakeholder Working Group
- Presentation of the LRSP draft to the Arcata Transportation Safety Committee for input
- Presentation of the LRSP final draft to the Arcata City Council
Arcata Local Road Safety Survey
This survey will be used by the City of Arcata for public input on roadway safety and transportation concerns, to collect data to aid in determining safety risk factors for the LRSP, and to help guide the City in prioritizing future transportation projects. This will help us foster solutions to improve quality of life, safe routes to school, and mobility for all modes of transportation. Thank you for your participation!
Stakeholder Working Group Meetings
Public Meetings, Events & Workshops
Thursday, June 16, 2022, 4:30-6pm, via zoom
|Rodeo de Bicicletas|
Domingo, 28 Agosto, 2022, 12-4pm
Sunday, August 28, 2022, 12-4pm
See event phots below
Second SWG Meeting
Thursday, August 11, 2022, 5:30-7pm, via zoom
North Country Fair
Sunday, September 18th, in the afternoon
|Third SWG Meeting|
Thursday, October 20, 2022, 5-6:30pm, via zoom
|Sustainable Transportation Fair |
Wednesday, November 2nd, 5:30-7pm