- Community Resources
- COVID-19 Travel Guidance
COVID-19 Travel Guidance
COVID-19 Travel Recommendations
It is recommended that all community members minimize nonessential travel during this time.
High-risk travel is no longer limited to international destinations.
Any travel to areas with community level transmission presents opportunities for exposure to COVID-19. All travelers to these areas, whether international or domestic, should be self-quarantining, which means staying at home except for accessing needed health care, for at least 14 days upon return.
This act of quarantining is critically important to help to slow transmission within our community, reduce risk for our most vulnerable residents and will lessen the impact on our health care system. This, in addition to sheltering in place, helps everyone remain healthy.
Please click here to find the CDC’s current travel notices.
The most recent COVID-19 travel guidance issued in Humboldt County was updated on Tuesday, November 17. To learn more, please click here.
Returning to Arcata
All travelers, whether international or domestic, should be self-quarantining, which means staying at home except for accessing needed health care, for at least 14 days upon returning to Arcata.
Call a healthcare provider for follow-up testing if:
- You feel ill after returning or experience COVID-19 symptoms.
- You were in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You were in a health-care facility in an affected country, including the United States.
Please follow these precautions even if feeling well:
- Stay at home, and avoid close contact with others.
- Avoid close contact with other people, especially those with chronic conditions, a compromised immune system or seniors.
- Do not attend work, school, social events or any other public gatherings.
- Watch for symptoms like fever, cough or shortness of breath in yourself or family members.
- Call a healthcare provider at the first sign of symptoms. Make arrangements to see a doctor from home before going to a health care facility, unless severely ill.
- If severely ill and in need of immediate medical attention call 911 and inform them that you may have COVID-19.
For more information regarding Humboldt County's most updated COVID-19-related travel guidance and reccommendations, please click here.