Parcel Finder: Looking for Property Information? Find a parcel by Address or Assessor Parcel Number and generate a PDF report of parcel information such as zoning, FEMA Flood Zones, historic districts, land use, parks, seismic features, and more! The Parcel Finder is comprehensive and contains over 100 map layers, 7.5 minute Topographic Quads and historical imagery (1941-2016). For help using this application see this guide.
Arcata Community Real-Time Dashboard: The City of Arcata’s GIS team put together a dashboard of real-time data and maps showing global COVID-19 status(John Hopkins University), weather, traffic, natural hazards, PG & E outages all in one site called “Arcata Community Real-Time Dashboard”. Browse and explore how realtime GIS data is helping us get a better understanding of our world and helping us make better more informed decisions. Currently this application works only on desktop computers using a supported browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
Arcata Historical Highlights: This map is an interactive telling of Arcata's history. This tour will take you through historical highlights from 1850 to 1970. Please use your space bar to advance through the Story Map.
Tour Arcata's Trails: Enjoy this interactive GIS Story Map of the City of Arcata's trails! Lear more about the beautiful trails the City has to offer members of the community and visitors. Please use your space bar to advance through the Story Map.
Explore Arcata!: Learn more about the City of Arcata with this interactive GIS Story Map. Take a self-guided tour of some of Arcata's world-famous locations and events. Please use your space bar to advance through the Story Map.
75 Years of Landscape Change in Arcata: One way to better understand how Arcata's landscape has changed through the years is to view early aerial photographs. Use this interactive map to compare aerial imagery from 1941 and 2016. To use the map, drag the slider from left to right.
Arcata King Tide Community Observation (2017-2018): View community-submitted images of affected areas surrounding the Arcata Bay during the King Tides of 2017-2018. The site will be updated with new photographs for the King Tides in 2018-2019.
Download City of Arcata Maps
- Arcata Community Forest Trail Map (PDF)
- Arcata Ridge Trail (PDF)
- Arcata Ridge Trail Segments by Forest
- Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary Trails Map (PDF)
- Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Center No Hunting Zone Map (PDF)
- Arcata Public Restrooms (PDF)
- Arcata City Limits (PDF)
- Arcata Street Map with Street Index (PDF)
- Arcata Schools (PDF)
- Bus Routes (PDF)
- City Of Arcata Zip Codes (PDF)
- City of Arcata Neighborhoods (PDF)
- City of Arcata Parks (PDF)
- City of Arcata Annexation Map (PDF)
- City of Arcata Sphere of Influence (PDF)
- City of Arcata Watersheds (PDF)
- City Property map 2018 (PDF)
- Cannabis Retail Sales Map (PDF)
- Cannabis Innovation Zone (PDF)
- Creamery District Combining Zone (PDF)
- Download Interactive Mobile Device PDF Maps (PDF)
- General Plan Land Use Map (PDF)
- Hazards Map (PDF)
- Individual Watersheds (PDF)
- Local Historic Landmarks (PDF)
- National Wetland Inventory Wetlands (PDF)
- Openspace Map Appendix E (PDF)
- Openspace Map Appendix E-2 (PDF)
- Planning Area Boundary (PDF)
- Restoration Areas (PDF)
- Street Sweeping Routes (PDF)
- Sunny Brae Forest Trails Map
- Urban Service Boundary (PDF)
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- 1870 US Coast Survey (PDF)
Download Resource Maps
Download GIS Data
Download City of Arcata's GIS spatial data in .shp format for use in Mapping Software like ArcView
- Arcata City Limits
- Arcata Community Forest - Includes boundary, roads, and trails.
Download the Humboldt Bay Sea Level Rise Water Level Extract ProgramDeveloped by Jeff Anderson of Northern Hydrology & Engineering and funded by the City's Environmental Services Department, the Humboldt Bay Sea Level Rise Water Level Extract Program is an Excel application that provides the user with the Humboldt Bay water level elevation data developed for the Humboldt Bay: Sea Level Rise, Hydrodynamic Modeling, and Inundation Vulnerability Mapping project (Northern Hydrology & Engineering, 2015). The model was developed and used to predict water levels within the existing shorelines of Humboldt Bay for five sea level rise scenarios.
- Download the Humboldt Bay Sea Level Rise Water Level Extract Program here (must enable Macros for this Excel application to function properly).
Smart Phone Users/Mobile Devices
Going hiking in the Community Forest or Marsh? Looking for downtown parking? Download Arcata's free mobile maps from Avenza PDF Maps and track your location with a blue "You Are Here" dot. No need for cellular coverage to view these maps and there are no data roaming charges when traveling