- Departments & Divisions
- Community Development
- Commercial Cannabis Activity Permit
Commercial Cannabis Activity Permit
Ready to Apply? Application and Information
All Required Components of CCAP Application: this link provides the forms needed for a complete application. This link also provides information and forms for the Primary Permit Holder of a Shared-Use Facility. Find all available cannabis activity permits here.
- If any construction is necessary (including certain equipment installation), make early contact with our Building Division to determine their requirements. Call 707-822-5956.
- LIVE SCANS can be obtained at any approved facility. We do recommend obtaining scans at the Arcata Police Department so we can better track the scans.
- Cannabis activities are allowed in a specific area in the City of Arcata, with areas for retail sales activities, and another for all other activities. You can find the Retail Sales and Services Map here. You can find the Commercial Cannabis Innovation Zone map here.
- Applications are accepted by email or in person. Email email@example.com for information about how to upload the application to a secure dropbox.
Current Application Fees: $2,865.16 Application Fee + $4,583.37 Annual Operating Fee ($7,448.53 Total) Find all fees here.
Need to Renew a Permit?
Use the CCAP Renewal Application form. Current Renewal Fees: $344.75 Renewal Fee + $4,583.37 Annual Operating Fee ($4,928.12). Find all fees here.
PLEASE NOTE that we know many businesses are struggling, and we offer a staggered payment plan for the annual operating fee. It can be paid over the course of a year. Please let us know if you would like this option.
Need to Make Changes to Your CCAP?
|Change in Permit Type|
|Change in Trade Name|
|Change of Contact Information|
|Change of Mailing Address|
|Change to Ownership or Management Structure|
|Modification to Facility or Equipment|
|Transfer of Ownership|
|Live Scan Form|
Commercial Cannabis Retail Sales and Service
Cannabis retail sales and service regulations went into effect on July 6, 2018 through Ordinance #1501. The City is accepting applications for cannabis retail sales and services in the zoning areas shown below. Click the image for a larger view.
Changes to CCAP Program
On May 4, 2022 the Arcata City Council adopted a change to the number of retail permits that may be issued. The limit was reduced from 15 to 10. There were no other changes. Read a copy of the revised regulations here.
Please note that the DCC has determined that a CEQA Project Description is required for all applications, not only cultivation activities. A questionnaire is part of our City application as of 11-17-21. If you recently submitted an application without this form, you may be asked to complete one.
The City is accepting applications for Provisional CCAPs. The purpose is to assist business owners in applying for State licensing. This is a non-operational permit. A business must complete the full CCAP application process to operate.
Susan Diehl McCarthy
Community Development Specialist II
Arcata City Hall
736 F Street
Arcata, CA 95521
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Contact the Director
Director, Community Development
Track and Trace
The City of Arcata recognizes the importance of compliance with track and trace requirements, without causing unwarranted burdens to businesses that are CCAP holders.
Below, you will find essential information about an interim process which will satisfy track and trace compliance.
- Description of the New Process
- Sample Form Available for Reporting
- Sample Track and Trace Agreement that will be part of Commercial Cannabis Activity Permits